What Is A Freestanding Oven?
As the name implies, a freestanding oven is a separate equipment that is not built into your kitchen cabinets. These ovens are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles, giving you a wide selection to meet your cooking needs and kitchen décor.
Freestanding ovens can either be electric or gas operated, and can include a variety of features, such as self-cleaning cycles, convection cooking, and double oven spaces. The freestanding oven can be easier to install than built-in ovens. It also allows more flexibility within the kitchen layout, as it can be relocated and adjusted as needed.
Additionally, if you plan to sell your home, freestanding ovens can be easier to remove and transfer than built-in types. This article will highlight and review the 10 best freestanding ovens available in the Australian market, with detailed information on the different ovens’ features, their pros and cons and customer reviews and feedback.
10 Best Freestanding Ovens To By In Australia
The Smeg 60cm standalone cooker is a great cooking appliance. This cooker has a very adequate size and incorporates a variety of functions.
Not only is the Smeg 60cm freestanding cooker stainless small and portable, but it also cooks and bakes food quickly. The freestanding cooker measures 935 mm tall and 600 mm wide.
The 79-liter oven of the Smeg 60cm standalone cooker is made of stainless steel, and can be operated by both gas and electricity supplies.
Each burner within the product is equipped with a flame failure safety system that shuts off the supplying pipe in the event of a fire outbreak while cooking.
The Smeg 60 cm offers six oven functions, including fan grill, baker function, fan forced, and vapor clean, making it a fantastic multifunctional cooking appliance.
- Installation is simple and requires no expertise.
- Smeg freestanding steel makes it simple to bake and cook in one position.
- It is easy movable and readily accessible, making it less stressful to shift its position and location
- The cooking may be a bit inconsistent.
- Due to the amount of bending required while cooking, you may find cooking difficult.
- When in operation, the cooker generates a lot of noise.
Delonghi dual fuel freestanding is a great choice fir preparing meals for a big family. It will help you develop your skills as a chef and easily multitask while cooking.
The oven’s programmed timer helps you keep an eye on your cooking.
It has a 123-liter capacity which allows you to cook a variety of meals evenly, thanks to the eight cooking functions operating at various levels, five gas burners, and two smart dual fans.
The Delonghi dual fuel freestanding oven can be equipped with additional features, including two wire racks, a roasting/grill tray, and a set of telescope shelves. It has a control knob and can run on gas or electricity.
If a fire breaks out or something overcooks, the flame failure safety automatically cuts off the gas supply.
- It works well for big-batch smart cooking.
- It takes up minimal room and doesn’t need to be permanently installed.
- Halogen lighting makes cooking in the nighttime more convenient.
- Even well-cooked meals are within your reach.
- The product’s multiple functions might make it difficult to use.
- Installation requires professional assisstance.
- Its electrical function can pose an electrocution hazard, if you touch certain parts with wet hands.
Due to workpiece and innovative functionality, the Technika 54cm Electric Upright Cooker is one of the most sought-after cookware.
You can rely on the Technika electric stove to handle multiple cooking simultaneiusly as the four efficient burners may be used to cook food at once.
The cooker has an 83L capacity, is 540 mm wide by 910 mm tall, and has a stainless steel finish. The electric stove runs only on electricity, as it does not have a gas space. It is fitted with four, fan-forced, defrost functions, a light, and five cooking functions, including a grill.
The Technika electric cooker features control knobs as well, and it is available with accessories like two wire shelves, a baking tray, an oven light, a cooling system, and a glass door.
- It is compact and will fit in a small family kitchen.
- Its defrosting functionality makes it simple and quick to prepare frozen foods.
- It is productive and reasonably priced.
- It is less complicated and simpler to use to many of its counterparts.
- A qualified electrician is required for the installation process.
- It only uses electricity to run (no gas option).
- It takes longer to heat up and lacks a cooking timer.
The Chef 54cm Electric Upright Cooker offer fewer features and accessories than other products listed, however this makes it very simple to use for preparing standard meals. The cooker uses an electronic oven instead of a gas one.
It includes four burners, which gives you the flexibility to cook a variety of foods at once. It is white, 50 mm wide, 910 mm high, and 635 mm deep. The device offers a large grill area and has a 73-liter oven capacity. However, the grills are not separate, and there is only one oven function.
Still, there are a number of accessories available, including two wire racks, one grill pan, and one grill insert. Chef electric cooker has an electric bob.
- This product is incredibly cost-effective to use and is available for a very low price.
- It is less complicated to use and has fewer features, making it simpler to operate,
- It takes up a small space and is simple to store in a compact location.
- It gets hot faster and cooks evenly.
- The absence of light in the oven makes it difficult to use in low light.
- When it operates for a long time, the knobs can become so hot that they could burn.
- There is no timer available, making the chore of determining when food is ready more complex.
- A professional electrician should be hired to complete the installation.
Euromaid 54cm Freestanding Electric Oven with Solid Cooktop is a Four burner oven and is electric-powered, with no gas option. It is equipped with a five-function oven which includes a fan-forced and fan-grilled function.
The oven is quite large at 42.5 kg, 910 mm in height, 540 in width, and 630 in-depth. It has an oven capacity of 83L and a cavity cooling system as well.
It uses a Knob control, and is available with a number of useful accessories, including removable side claws, anti-tilt, and stop safely on the oven open tray.
- It is less complicated and simple to use.
- It is inexpensive.
- It warms up rapidly and is excellent for boiling.
- It can only run on electricity (no gas option).
- It cannot be used for multi-functional cooking and has limited oven functionality.
- Must be installed by a licensed professional.
The Beko 90cm Dual Fuel Upright Cooker is the best appliance to use when cooking for a big family or symposium. The oven has a huge 112L oven capacity.
While the oven uses electricity, the cooktop is gas-operated. The five burners allow extensive cooking in a brief time period, and the two cooking fans enable even cooking.
The product has a removable glass door, making cleaning easy for customers. The product dimensions are 900mm in width, 930mm in height, and 600mm in depth.
The Beko dual upright cooker includes 8 functional ovens, including top and bottom heating, top and bottom heating with fans, fan heating, bottom grilling with fans, and fan operation.
The product doesn’t have a separate grill.
- It has a great capability for cooking multiple meals simultaneously.
- You can cook food unevenly.
- You can track the cooking process with the product’s digital timer which makes cooking effortless.
- It doesn’t have a telescope shelf.
- For installation, a certified gas technician and electrician are required.
The ILVE 90cm Dual Fuel Upright Cooker Graphite oven is both electric and gas operated. The oven uses electricity, while the cooktop uses gas. It is fitted with five burners, made of Italian aluminum, which can be operated simultaneously.
ILVE upright cooker graphite measures 900 mm in width, 910 mm in height, and 600 mm in depth. It offers 8 operational services that can help process and deliver different meals and baked items simultaneously.
The oven’s working duration is also monitored on a computerized display screen.
Two oven racks, one baking pan with a grill insert, and other accessories are incorporated within the oven, making it highly efficient. It also has a stand that is removable and adjustable.
The product has an oven integrated cavity cooling system and removable glass doors.
- The stand can be easily modified to the desired height, making cooking less stressful.
- Baking and cooking a different meals and types of food at the same time will help save you a lot of time.
- You can keep track of your cooking with a smart display on the product.
- Large-scale cooking can be inefficient or ineffective since the meals or baked goods might turn out unequal.
- The switch and door wear out easily, indicating a lack of product durability.
- Smoke can escape from the kitchen because the glass door is slightly partially open.
Westinghouse 54cm Electric Upright Cooker White is a four-burner, electric-powered oven that is 540 mm wide, 620 mm in height, and has a 66-liter capacity. You can use it to prepare four different meals simultaneously on the burners.
The fan-forced 52-liter usable grill capacity ensures uniform cooking, and the knob controls are simple to use.
The Westinghouse electric upright cooker includes two oven wire racks, one grill rack, and one grill pan. Other helpful oven accessories include fan-forced, anti-tilt, two oven shelves, as well as a number of others.
- It is simple to use and less complicated to operate.
- It heats up quickly and supports simultaneous multi-cooking.
- It uses less money, is less expensive, and takes up minimal space in the kitchen.
- Relocating the product is simple.
- It has components for timing that act as a cooking indicator.
- It is not suitable for large-scale cooking.
- A qualified professional is needed for the installation process.
- The tray pull has no handle and may cause burns while pulling.
Featuring four burners and a 120L capacity, the Emilia 80cm Gas Upright Cooker in Stainless Steel is a remarkably distinctive oven.
The oven uses solar power in the event of a power outage, which is a great feature. The oven uses 1% of the total amount of electricity available.
Moreover, it is equipped with a timer that allows you to set and monitor cooking times, with adequate notifications. Four oven functions are available on the product, allowing you to handle multiple cooking.
The oven also features a separate grill and knob control.
The product measures 800mm in width, 870-920mm in height, and 600mm in depth. The oven is equipped with a grill tray and insert, two wire shelves and side racks, an installation kit, an NG regulator, three cast iron trivets, and four adjustable stainless-steel legs.
- It is expensive but very economical during operation.
- It is simple to install and use.
- It is suitable for large-scale cooking.
- The product heats up rapidly.
- The electric oven is less efficient and doesn’t heat evenly.
- The oven overheats frequently, making it difficult to operate
- When in use, the glass door might easily break.
- The product door is poorly built, allowing smoke to escape into the kitchen, which can be unpleasant for the user.
The Artusi 54cm Dual Fuel Upright Cooker is a great addition to any kitchen given its unique features and functionality that make cooking simple. The oven is powered by gas and electricity and has a 56 L gross oven volume.
The oven includes four gas burners that let you cook multiple meals at the same time. The Product has a 540mm x 900mm x 600mm dimension. It has four different oven settings, each of which illuminates the bottom, top, and bottom element grill.
It includes five food-storing shelves and a single light that is useful in the dark.
The product’s foot stand can be altered, offering a variety of heights.
A baking tray, grill rack and side rack support are a few of the product’s key features. It is also equipped with a triple-glazed door flame failure device and Knob controls.
- The flame failure device aids in containing the spread of fire.
- It is less expensive to use and is quite portable.
- The item warms up quickly.
- Operating the oven control is difficult.
- The oven knobs are easily damaged.
Freestanding Oven Buying Guide
What are the benefits of a freestanding or upright oven?
The main benefit of a freestanding oven is its ease of installation and its manouverablity, giving the user more flexibility to accommodate the kitchen layout.
Freestanding ovens also tend to be less expensive than built-in ovens.
Most of the freestanding ovens are large making them great options for cooking big meals. Freestanding ovens are also available with a variety of features that can make cooking easier, such as self-cleaning cycles and convection cooking.
Things to consider while buying Freestanding ovens
There is a variety of sizes that can greatly vary. Some types are small to fit under your counter, while others are large enough to cook a turkey. Choose an oven size that meets your space and cooking needs.
Ovens can be equipped with a variety of features, such as self-cleaning cycles, convection cooking, and double ovens. Determine the features most important for your applications and choose an oven accordingly. You should consider the types of trays and storage units included with the oven.
Electric or gas
The energy source can be major decisive factor in choosing the right oven. Make sure to choose the type that ensures the highest efficiency, practicality and safety.
Freestanding ovens range in price from around $200 to over $2,000. Choose an oven that is within your budget.
Upright cookers are available with a variety of cleaning features, such as self-cleaning cycles. Choose an oven that is easy to clean. If you don’t want to deal with heavy-duty cleaning, look for self-cleaning ovens that are fitted with their own stand.
Which oven should I choose-Gas or Electric?
If you’re looking for an oven that is easy to use and clean, then an electric oven is a good choice. Electric ovens also tend to be more affordable than gas ovens. If you’re looking for an oven that can reach higher temperatures, then a gas oven is a good choice. Gas ovens tend to be more energy-efficient than electric ovens.
Gas ovens heat up instantly, which saves operational time from pre-heating and minimizes running costs in the long run.
What are the different types of Freestanding ovens?
A single oven is a standalone oven that is not built into your kitchen cabinets. Single ovens are available in a variety of sizes and styles, which makes it easier to match your cooking needs and kitchen interiors.
A double oven is two ovens in one unit. Double ovens are great for cooking large meals. They are also fitted with a variety of features, such as self-cleaning cycles and convection cooking.
An electric oven is an oven that runs on electricity. Electric ovens are easy to use and clean. There is a variety of sizes and styles of electric ovens, giving you a wide range of options to meet your requirements.
A gas oven is an oven that operates on natural gas. Gas ovens tend to be more energy-efficient than electric ovens. They are also available in a variety of sizes and styles, matching your cooking needs and kitchen décor.