E-Green Electrical – General Terms & Conditions
E-GREEN ELECTRICAL ENERGY SAVER PROGRAM OFFER
- Minimum of 15* existing and working recessed halogen downlights
- From $18.99 per light
- Halogen downlight, light fitting and transformer replaced with an ‘all-in-one’ unit that includes lamp and driver, to ensure a longer life and compatibility. If your existing lights are hard-wired we will install a plug-base at no extra cost.
- Free replacement of Parabolic Reflector (PAR38) globes (spotlights or floodlights) available with minimum of 15 downlight installations.
- If you don’t meet the minimum of 15 downlights, but have more than 10 eligible downlights in working order, we can still perform an upgrade with an added callout fee of $77.
All our products are high-quality brands, tried and tested to Australian standards. All the lighting products we install come with a minimum 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. Other products our partners carry have a minimum 2-year warranty. Installations are guaranteed in line with The Australian Consumer Law. E-Green Electrical are accredited under the NSW Energy Savings Scheme (ESS).
Premises must be in NSW, and in our serviced areas.
- A single dwelling in a fully-detached house
- A single dwelling with common walls, e.g. row house, terrace house or villa unit
- An apartment building containing 2 or more units each being a separate dwelling
TERMS OF THE ESTIMATE AND REQUEST FOR ASSESSMENT
- The figure we provide is an estimate; there could be variations depending on the exact details of your lighting as outlined in these Terms & Conditions.
- Some variations are required, meaning the replacement of affected lights cannot proceed unless you agree to the extra works. You can choose not to have the affected lights replaced.
- Variations can only be determined when an Assessment is made at your property
- Once an Assessment has been completed, if there are extra charges over our Estimate, you may opt out of the Installation.
- After the Assessment, if you accept the Installation, we aim to complete the Installation on the spot. The whole process (Assessment and Installation) without variations normally takes about 1-2 hours per 10 downlights.
- Once the Installation begins, our Installer will discuss any further variations with you before undertaking any works involving extra charges.
- All figures include GST.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION BEFORE THE INSTALLATION
- Minimum Numbers: We require a minimum of fifteen (15) working downlights to be upgraded in order to create enough certificates under the Energy Saver program – if you do not meet the minimum, but have over 10 eligible halogen downlights, we can proceed with an additional $77 callout fee
- We cannot replace lighting that has been upgraded previously under the ESS or LEAP, or lighting that is already LED.
- We can only replace “Like for Like” (i.e. recessed downlights, of the same size, and Edison/Screw base PAR38s).
- We can only replace existing lights in buildings.
- We cannot replace track lighting or uncommon lighting types.
- The lights we replace must be in working order. See below for allowed variations.
- The Assessment appointment will be arranged for a date occurring at least 10 business days after qualification. If an electrician does not attend at the agreed time, please contact us directly and quote Job ID you were given in the estimate email.
EXTRA CHARGE ITEMS / ALLOWED VARIATIONS
Our Installer will discuss variations with you before undertaking any works involving additional charges.
- We will install an ‘all-in-one’ unit that includes a lamp and driver. If your existing lights are hard-wired we will install a plug-base at no extra cost
- The lights we replace must be in working order.
- We can upgrade lights that are not working at the time of install for $34.99 as the price cannot be subsidised by the creation of certificates under the ESS (Energy Savings Scheme). There must be a minimum of 15 working lights replaced in order to replace any blown lights. Inoperable lights cannot form part of the minimum 15 lights.
- If existing dimmers are not compatible with the new LED lights, you can choose to disable ($22 per switch) or upgrade the dimmers ($65 per switch). If the upgraded dimmer is not compatible with your circuitry the electrician will disable the dimmer for you.
PLEASE NOTE: In some rare cases the upgrade of lights on dimmers can be affected by the ripple injection on your grid please refer to diginet for more information. This can cause LEDs on a dimmer to flicker for a period of time each night, and each morning, but it is not caused by the installed LEDs or dimmers, and does not damage them. You can find more information on why ripple injection is applied to some areas ausgrid. If you are affected by the ripple injection after the installation E-Green Electrical is happy to send the electrician back to disable the dimmers for free, which will fix the issue, but the installation of power filters to treat the issue or a refund of the cost of a dimmer upgrade is not covered by the program. Installing LEDs on existing dimmers may also result in some compatibility issues with the new LED lights, not related to ripple injection. If you have dimmers, you can choose to upgrade on the spot for $65 per dimmer – if you’d like to wait and see if compatibility issues arise (as they are not always evident immediately), there will be a $100 call out fee plus $65 to upgrade the dimmers at another time.
- We use the existing cut-outs in your ceiling, which need to accommodate a 70mm or 90mm fitting. If we need to enlarge a hole, there is an extra charge of $8.80 per hole.
- The lights you want upgraded must be accessible by a standard height ladder; this means the ceiling is no higher than 3m (9ft).
- If they are not all accessible, a second appointment and extra charges may be incurred – these can be confirmed in the Assessment appointment.
- We have allowed for all works to be carried out during normal hours (7am-4pm Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays). After hours rates apply.
We have not included:
- Costs associated with new wiring. We can usually use your existing wiring to install the new equipment, however in some cases rewiring will be necessary.
- Costs associated with delays or time extensions by you without at least 2 business days’ notice.
- In regional areas, travel charges may apply. These will be advised when booking.
- Costs associated with the presence, noted or otherwise, of asbestos or toxic substances, including the handling / removal of PCBs.
- Repair, upgrade or replacement of existing equipment or services that are to be re-incorporated into the works that are found to be unserviceable, not fit for re-use or non-compliant with current codes or standards, for example, RCDs are required on all lighting circuits.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE INSTALLATION
- As the Assessment and Installation are completed, we will require some forms to be signed, including the Nomination, which transfers to E-Green Electrical your rights to create and own the Energy Savings Certificates that result from the upgrade. This is how we subsidise the cost of the upgrade.
- Payment must be made on the day by Credit Card. We accept Visa and Mastercard payments from the authorised card holder.
- Our Installers work as neatly as possible, but there will be some dust and grit that comes out of the ceilings & walls. To keep our prices low, Installers only do only very basic cleaning (a ‘builder’s clean’), so please allow yourself time to clean thoroughly.
- We are required to remove the old globes, and will remove the new packaging.
- In certain situations, various electrical products and appliances have the potential to cause interference with LED lighting. This interference may cause lights to flicker for various periods of time. E-Green Electrical is not responsible for any electrical interference caused by third party appliances.
- Installers will take all reasonable care when working, but some old ceilings may crumble a bit, and paint may chip, lift or ridges may show where they remove old fittings. We do not cover any patching or painting. A flange collar may be added if necessary at no extra charge.
- As this work is being undertaken as part of the NSW Energy Savings Scheme, you may be re-contacted by us, the Office of Environment and Heritage or other Scheme representatives for quality assurance surveys and further information. We will appreciate your cooperation in the future to help keep quality standards high.