E-Green Electrical – General Terms & Conditions
E-GREEN ELECTRICAL ENERGY SAVER PROGRAM OFFER
- Minimum of ten (10) eligible lights (panel, batten and downlight combination applicable).
- Upgrade eligible 4ft twin fluorescent tubes with an LED panel for a minimum of $33 (plus the additional dollar value per panel which has been provided in your quote).
- Upgrade eligible 4ft twin fluorescent tubes with an LED batten for a minimum of $33 (plus the additional dollar value per batten which has been provided in your quote).
- Upgrade eligible halogen downlights with LED downlights for a minimum of $33 (plus the additional dollar value per downlight which has been provided in your quote).
- HALO (gimbal) lights are an additional $15 each
- Halogen downlight – the light fitting and transformer is replaced with an ‘all-in-one’ unit that includes lamp and driver, to ensure longer life and enhanced compatibility. If your existing lights are hard-wired, we will install a plug-base at no extra cost.
- An ABN Holder.
- In a site entirely occupied by one business responsible for the electricity usage.
- A commercial property where the energy usage is billed in the name of the business (i.e. not a residence).
- A “Small Customer” under National Energy Retail Law (NSW). And;
- Has not aggregated its load at the site with consumption at other sites for the purposes of being treated as a Large Customer; Or
- Is a customer of an Exempt Seller, and has an annual electricity consumption below the Upper Consumption Threshold for electricity.
As a guide only: the business should be eligible if it uses less than 100 MwH (100,000 kwh) per year and as aggregated tariffs on its energy bill. That is, the bill does not show the detail for Network, Environmental, Regulated and like charges.
TERMS OF THE ESTIMATE AND REQUEST FOR ASSESSMENT
- The figure we provide is an estimate. There may be variations to the monetary figure, dependent on the exact details of your lighting as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- Some variations may be required. Meaning the replacement of affected lights cannot proceed unless you agree to the additional work. You can choose to not have the affected lights replaced.
- Variations can only be determined when an Assessment is made at your property.
- Once an Assessment has been completed, if there are extra charges exceeding our estimate, you may opt out of the Installation.
- After the Assessment, if you accept the proposed Installation, we aim to complete the Installation within 2 weeks. The entire process (Assessment and Installation), without variations.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION BEFORE THE INSTALLATION
- Minimum Numbers: We require a minimum of ten (10) working lights to be upgraded in order to create enough certificates under the Energy Saver program – if you meet the minimum, we may withdraw the offer.
- We cannot replace lighting that has been upgraded previously under the ESS or LEAP, or lighting that is already LED.
- We can only replace “Like for Like” (i.e. troffer light, of the same size, replaced with LED panel).
- For Small Businesses, if we are to upgrade your fluorescent lights to panels, we require photos for evaluation prior to booking the install OR this will be done at the physical assessment.
- We can only replace existing lights in buildings.
- We cannot replace track lighting or uncommon lighting types.
- The lights we replace must be in working order. See the following page for information on allowed variations.
- The Assessment appointment will be arranged for a date occurring at least 15 business days after qualification. If an electrician is not present at the agreed time, please contact us directly (details at foot of page) and quote the Job ID you were given in the estimate email.
EXTRA CHARGE ITEMS / ALLOWED VARIATIONS
We will discuss variations with you before undertaking any works involving additional charges.
- The lights you want upgraded must be accessible by a standard height ladder; This means the ceiling is no higher than 3m (9ft).
- If they are not all accessible, a second appointment may be incurred – these can be confirmed in the Assessment appointment.
- For lights installed at a height above 3m, the additional cost will be $55 per light. Lights in exceptionally difficult to reach areas (such as 4m and above), Installation may not be possible, irrespective of the additional $55 cost per light.
- We have allowed for all works to be carried out during normal hours (7am-4pm Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays). After hours rates apply.
- We have not included:
- Costs associated with new wiring. We can usually use your existing wiring to install the new equipment, however in some cases rewiring will be necessary.
- Costs associated with delays or time extensions caused by you.
- In regional areas, travel charges may apply. These will be advised when booking.
- Costs associated with the presence, noted or otherwise, of asbestos or toxic substances, included the handling / removal of PCBs.
- Repair, upgrade or replacement of existing equipment or services that are to be re-incorporated into the works that are found to be unserviceable, not fit for re-use or non-compliant with current codes or standards, for example, RCDs are required on all lighting circuits.
- Costs associated with getting another electrician on site to fix a faulty light throughout the warranty period. If you require an electrician to come back on site you will be charged accordingly.
- For downlights we will install an ‘all in one’ unit that includes a lamp and driver. If your existing lights are hard-wired we will install a plug-base at no extra cost.
- Downlights – The included equipment for the offer is in specifics below. We have options for Cool White or Daylight coloured lights (for an extra $5.00 per light). Please advise in advance if you would like this option as the electrician will bring Warm White lights as standard. A $150 call out fee will be incurred if the electrician needs to return with Cool White or Daylight coloured lights.
- Downlights we replace must be in working order.
- We can upgrade lights that are not working at the time of install for $49.99 as the price cannot be subsidised by the creation of certificates under the ESS (Energy Savings Scheme). There must be a minimum of 20 working lights replaced in order to replace any blown lights.
- If existing dimmers are not compatible with the new LED lights, you may choose to disable ($30 per switch) or upgrade the dimmers ($80 per switch). If the upgraded dimmer is not compatible with your circuitry the electrician will disable the dimmer for you.
- PLEASE NOTE: In some rare cases the upgrade of lights on dimmers can be affected by the ‘ripple injection’ on grid. Please refer to Diginet (1300 953 254) or Ausgrid (13 13 88) for more information.
- We use the existing cut-outs of your downlights in your ceiling, which need to accommodate a 70mm or 90mm fitting. If we need to enlarge a hole, there is an additional charge of $8.80 per hole.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE INSTALLATION
- As the Assessment and Installation are being completed, we will require some forms to be signed, including the Nomination, which transfers to E-Green Electrical your rights to create and own the Energy Savings Certificates that result from the upgrade. This is how we subsidise the cost of the upgrade.
- Payment must be made on the day of installation by Credit Card. We accept Visa and Mastercard payments from the authorised card holder.
- Our Installers work as neatly as possible, but there may be unavoidable dust and grit that comes out of the ceilings and walls. To keep our prices low, Installers only do very basic cleaning (a ‘builder’s clean’), so please allow yourself time to clean thoroughly.
- We are required to remove the old globes, and we will remove the old new packaging.
- Installers will take all reasonable care when working, but some old ceilings may crumble a bit, and paint may chip, lift or ridges may show where they remove old fittings. We do not cover any patching or painting. A flange collar may be added if necessary at no extra charge.
- As this work is being undertaken as part of the NSW Energy Savings Scheme, you may be re-contacted by us, the Office of Environment and Heritage or other Scheme representatives for quality assurance surveys and further information. We will appreciate your cooperation in the future to assist in maintaining the high quality of our business operations.