HEAT PUMP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Heat Pump Offer
Our Heat Pump Offer is available to approved customers under the Energy Savings Scheme (ESS), and the Federal Renewable Energy Target Program (RET), which are designed to reduce household and commercial greenhouse gases.
These energy efficiency programs facilitate the creation of energy efficiency certificates which are created through a deemed carbon abatement within methodologies and guidelines set out by each program regulator. The amount of carbon abatement is then translated into energy efficiency certificates, which have a market value and are used to subsidise the energy efficiency upgrade which is taking place.
This means an energy-efficient heat pump hot water system can be supplied and installed for as little as $33 (subject to eligibility) when replace an existing outside electric hot water system. The installation of our Heat Pump models also comes heavily subsidised and will cost far less than the installation of a traditional electric resistance hot water service, or the installation of a heat pump without taking advantage of the government facilitate subsidies.
To be eligible for the free offer you must:
- Have an existing electric resistance hot water system
- Have an outdoor system, with enough room next to it for a compressor (this is the heat pump element of the unit and is in mm: 840x350x550.
There may be additional costs associated with the relocation or other plumbing and/or electrical work. We can work with you to provide and indicative estimate of these costs.
Additional Fees and Allowed Variations that May Apply
- If necessary and upfront payment may be required in order to secure your heat pump prior to the confirmation of the installation date and time. This payment does not include a separate assessment visit by and installer to confirm eligibility or costs.
- Our installer will discuss variations with E-Green Electrical and you before undertaking any works involving additional charges. Our Customer Service team will endeavour to identify if there will be any additional fees associated with the installation by providing an indicative estimate based on the information you provide. It will not always be possible to identify all additional costs until the installers arrive on site however the installers will discuss any variation to the indicative estimate before proceeding, where possible. Additional costs may be associated with things like the condition of the existing wiring and plumbing, as the installers are required to meet minimum safety requirements during the installation on your premises.
- Additional fees will be incurred if your existing hot water system is not electric resistance, or if there is any relocation required. E-Green Electrical will as you a series of questions to help you to understand any costs that may be incurred prior to confirming your booking. We will provide an estimate based on the information provided, which may change if the information provided is incorrect or insufficient.
- If you, the customer, provides us with incorrect or insufficient information that leads to an increase in the cost of the upgrade, and this results in cancellation or reschedule of the work after the tradesmen has already attended the site, a call-out fee will be applied.
- In regional areas, extra charges and wait times may apply. These vary depending on the area, scaled of work and which of our partners covers that area. Further details on this can be provided based on your information.
- We have allowed for all works to be carried out during normal hours (7am-4pm Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays). Requests for after-hours work will be considered on a case by case basis where possible, if possible please be aware this will attract additional fees.
Our customer service team is available during business hours to answer any questions you may have.
We accept Visa and Mastercard payments from the authorised card holder. Payment over the phone payments via EFT is also available if required.
All Heat Pumps have a manufacturer warranty, so please refer to the warranty card supplied to you to determine the warranty available on your heat pump.
- Whilst E-Green Electrical requires personal information to proceed with this upgrade and to process the certificates, we will not share or sell your information to third parties, the only exchange of customer information occurs lawfully between us and partnered companies. E-Green Electrical is bound by and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles, as a provided in the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017. We respect your privacy. Any personal information that we collect about you will be used and disclosed by us in order to provide you with the services agreed, or to otherwise enable us to carry out our business. This includes photographs of units our team may request, as well as photos of the installer is required to take on-site. Please be assured we will not disclose information about you unless the disclosure is required or authorised by law, you have consented to our disclosing the information about you, or for another purpose (related to the primary purpose of collecting that information) that you would reasonably expect. This means, for example: we will disclose information provided to our partner companies that carry out the installation.
- As this work is being undertaken as part of the ESS Program you may be re-contacted by Ecovantage (our certificate provider), or IPART or other scheme representatives for quality assurance surveys and further information. We appreciate your cooperation in the future to help keep quality standards high. We are required to comply with this measure under the program regulations.
- We require photos of your switchboard and existing hot water service provider to proceeding, to ensure eligibility, and to help avoid additional costs or delays arising on the day of the install. The installer is also required to take geotagged photos of the decommissioning of the existing unit and installation of the new unit for compliance and verification reasons.
Limitation of Liability / Disclaimer
- Our installers work as neatly as possible, but there will be some dust and grit. To keep our prices low, installers will only complete a very basic cleaning (a ‘builder’s clean’), so please allow yourself time to clean thoroughly. Where applicable, the installer will remove the old appliance. In order to prove the energy savings, the unit must be appropriately decommissioned.
You can save up to 80% on your hot water energy usage if you upgrade from an electric hot water system. This data is from Sustainability Victorias’ Hot Water Running Costs, comparing running costs of a 5.5 star gas storage system, 7 star gas instantaneous system, electric off peak system, high-efficiency solar gas boosted system, high-efficiency solar electric boosted systems, high-efficiency hot water heat pump on off peak tariff for 4 people (150L per day). Actual savings will vary depending on usage and other factors, and cannot be guaranteed.