Imagine coming home after a long day and being greeted by a warm and welcoming glow of light that highlights […]
COMPLETE RESIDENTIAL LED LIGHTING UPGRADE FROM AS LITTLE AS $33
LED Brilliance Starts Here, Just $33. Shine Brighter, Save More!
Our Team of Experts Will Guide You Through The ESS Lighting Upgrading Process To Ensure You Achieve The Most Effective Energy Efficient Improvement Possible, GUARANTEED!
A Brighter Home, A Brighter Future!
COMPLETE LED LIGHTING UPGRADE
Top 7 Downlights To Buy In Australia
The Emerald Planet Solution is a manufacturer and distributor of industrial, commercial, and residential LED lighting.
It is an Australian company that focuses on high energy-efficiency products, provided at affordable prices. It is important to note that this affordability ensures good quality lighting fixtures, as the company does not compromise on production standards.
This specific downlight from Emerald Planet Smart Solutions is very efficient and offers 70 and 90 cut out size options, with a power consumption of 5 and 10 Watts, respectively.
Due to its tri-colour temperature technology, the Luna downlight gives great flexibility to match pre-existing lighting colours.
- The face diameter of Luna is 110mm with 65mm depth and 70mm cut-out size. It is also available in 90mm cut-out size. The 70mm and 90mm cut-out options require 5 and 10 watts of power consumption, respectively.
- It offers switchable tri-colour temperature technology with CCT 3000K/4000K/5000K.
- This downlight features 4.92 LCP and 537 Lumen output with an efficacy of 109lm/w.
- With an IP rating of 40, the beam angle of Luna is 85°. Plus, its CRI is >80.
- This downlight is dimmable, which makes it more energy efficient.
Teknik lighting solutions offers a wide range of downlights for all applications, from residential and standard commercial to high-end commercial and retail.
Popular downlights produced by Teknik lighting solutions are:
- The HALO LED downlight is a very versatile LED downlight with a beam angle of 60°, which can be adjusted to 30°,in addition to an advanced front lens that ensures optimal illumination and reduces light glare.
- The SOL LED downlight has an aluminium body, a lens that ensures low-glare, dimming compatibility feature and a wide range of available colour temperature outputs.
- The RIPPLE LED downlight produces better and more efficient lighting when compared to traditional halide lamps. It has a slim shape and high-quality stainless steel spring clips which makes it easy to install and hassle-free.
- The GEM LED downlight is a go-to downlight for good quality fixtures on a budget. It has an aluminium body that is coated like plastic.
- Various downlights from Teknik provide a variety of energy-efficient lighting with tri-colour temperature technology. Some famous downlights include the HALO LED, the RIPPLE LED, the SOL LED, and the GEM LED.
- With a capability of 30° angle adjustment, the HALO light features an advanced front lens which ensures the optimal illumination level with reduced glare. This type of downlight has an IP rating of 65, which makes it perfect for interior and exterior installation.
- Available in three different dimensions, the RIPPLE has a beam angle of 120° with a unique design to replace traditional halide lamps. This downlight has an IP rating of 44. It is suitable for interior and exterior installations because of its stainless-steel spring clips and robust profile. Additionally, it comes with a 5-year product warranty.
- By featuring a 44 Ingress Protection rating, the SOL comes with an aluminium body to replace typical halogen downlights. It offers a low-glare diffuser with tri-colour temperature technology. Additionally, it has dimming compatibility, and the product is available in 70mm and 90mm designs.
- Designed to replace traditional halogen downlights, the GEM is more energy-efficient with a quality plastic-coated aluminium body. With a beam angle of 120°, this downlight features CCT (3000K/4000K/5700K) with Lumen output 700lm/750lm/720lm.
While most downlights have a CRI of 80, this particular downlight from Havit Lighting has a CRI of 90, properly showing and highlighting the colour of objects it illuminates, as though they were under natural sunlight.
Instead of having a plastic body, this downlight has a full aluminium body which dissipates more heat from the downlight, maintaining an overall lower operating temperature and elongating the life of the fixture.
- This downlight from Havit has a PC black finish frame with an aluminium heat sink to dissipate more heat. It holds a lower operating temperature, and its IP rating is IP54.
- It features a tri-colour temperature technology with CCT 3000K/4000K/5500K and Lumen output 680lm/795lm/745lm.
- The downlight has a 90° beam angle, and its cut-out size is 90mm.
- This Havit light has a CRI 90, which makes it a better option because it shows the actual colour of objects, where its light is close to sunlight.
- It is a dimmable downlight with a 3-year replacement warranty.
This Optical downlight is made entirely of aluminium as opposed to other downlights in its category.
Not only does it perform well, but it also looks unique with its stylish design.
It is dimmable and is equipped with a switch to maneuver through colour temperature settings, switching between daylight, warm and cool colour outputs.
- This contemporary Optica light has an aluminium body.
- With an IP rating of IP44, this downlight has a leading and trailing edge dimmable feature.
- The colour temperature of this light is 3000K (warm white), 4000K (cool white), and 5000K (cool white) with Lumen output 750lm/800lm/850lm. As such, the 3000K is suitable for living rooms and bedrooms, the 4000K is best for hallways and kitchens, and the 5000K is perfect for laundry rooms and bathrooms.
- It includes a 10W LED globe and a 90cm flex and plug.
- It comes with a 3-year replacement warranty.
The Domus Boost and Bliss downlight by Domus Lighting has a colour-changing feature that allows it to shift from warm white at 3000K, to cool white at 4000K, all the way to daylight at 5500K.
The Domus Boost and Bliss model gives off a surprisingly minimal glare effect, despite the fact that it has a beam angle of 90°.
This downlight is highly energy-efficient, consuming 10 Watts for an output of 800 lumens, which is about twice the amount of lumens produced from old 20 Watt halogen downlights.
- By offering a colour-changing feature, this Domus light can change from 3000K (warm white) to 4000K (cool white) to 5500K (daylight) with Lumen output ranges from 750lm to 800lm.
- This product has a beam angle of 120°, and its IP rating is IP54.
- With a 110mm diameter, 33.5mm height and 90mm cut-out size, the Domus light has a CRI of ≥83.
- This black downlight from the Bliss family has a dimmable feature. Plus, it has a flat face frame with an opal diffuser.
- It is the perfect replacement for halogen downlights because of its high energy-efficient feature. It consumes only 10 watts. Additionally, it comes with a 5-year product replacement warranty.
Martec’s downlight has the highest lumen output when compared to other downlights in the same price range.
It is also equipped with features like colour-changing temperature switches and is rust and corrosion-free due to its fully polycarbonate body and frame.
It is dimming compatible and can be dimmed down fully to 10% and has a low failure rate.
- Because of its polycarbonate body and frame, this Blitz downlight is corrosion-free with a 5-year product replacement warranty.
- It allows users to switch the colour temperature between 3000K, 4000K, and 5000K. Its Lumens output ranges from 950lm/1000lm/1080lm/900lm/930lm/970lm.
- The matt black & white downlight with thermoplastic housing material has an IP rating of IP44 (front only), and its beam angle is 100°.
- Its cut-out size is 90mm. Plus, this dimmable light has a CRI >80.
- It is a low-profile fixed light that offers a flush diffuser. Also, it is perfect for apartments, residential spaces, and interior installations.
This downlight by Trend Lightings enjoys a very high efficiency, and is typically 40% more efficient than alternative downlights. This is due to the fact that this downlight produces a lumen output of about 1400 Lumens at a low 10 Watt power consumption, whereas other downlights with 13 Watt consumption only give an output of about 1000 lumens.
Additionally, while most typical downlights have a CRI of 80, the CRI of this downlight is very high at 90.
It also fitted with a “Vivid” menu option. This option allows for a production of a CRI just under 100 and makes the objects viewed under it appear as though they were viewed under natural sunlight.
- The cut-out size of this Trimless downlight is between 78mm and 92mm. Plus, it is a dimmable light that has a CRI >93.
- It offers a single COB LED chip available in 2700K, 3000K, 4000K, and 5000K, and its lumen output is around 1400lm at an LED power consumption of 10 watts only.
- The IP rating of this light is IP44, and its weight is 250g.
- Its total power consumption is 11.7 watts, and the required input voltage to operate this downlight is 240v.
- This downlight is 40% more energy-efficient than others in the market.
LED Downlights Buying Guide
Downlights can serve great purposes in the spaces where they are installed, but purchasing and installing the downlight to match the space and effect desired might turn into a complicated task.
This is mainly due to the availability of lots of brands of downlight across the Australian market, with ranging degrees of performance, and efficiency. LED Downlights are a ceiling lighting fixture to be fitted in a specific, appropriately sized ceiling cavity.
Downlights are some of the most commonly used lighting fixtures in modern spaces. They produce warm light which is unobtrusive compared to other lighting fixtures, making them extremely popular for homes.
However, despite their popularity and huge availability on the market, the choice can often be confusing, leading to the purchase of wrong or malfunctioning downlights that don’t fit a specific space, or do not operate as intended. When choosing a downlight for your home there are specific features that need to be considered.
Things to consider when choosing the best downlights
➜ Energy consumed and the brightness emitted. Compared to other lighting fixtures, LED downlights produce a very bright beam of light, while at the same time consuming a considerably lower amount of energy.
➜ Beam Angle: this measure specifies the direction and spread of the light beam and mostly measured in angles. Compared to other types of lighting fixtures that provide a 360° beam illumination, most downlights have a more concentrated beam angle, ranging from 0 to 60°, typically at 45°.
When selecting the proper beam angle for your downlights, it is advisable to be attentive of the space where the downlight will be fitted and of the intended effect desired in the room.
➜ Spacing: after determining and selecting an appropriate beam angle, careful attention must also be given to the spacing between the downlights in order to ensure sufficient lighting of the house.
Using a downlight with a small beam angle requires allocating a spacing of about 1m, and as the beam angle increases, more space is covered with the same downlight and the spacing can be increased to 1.5 or 2m.
➜ Color Rendering Index: CRI is the measure of how thoroughly and accurately the light will reflect the true colour of an object, compared to the actual colour under natural sunlight.
COMPLETE LED LIGHTING UPGRADE FROM AS LITTLE AS $33
Upgrade Your Halogen Downlights To Energy Efficient LED Downlights Under The NSW Energy Savings Scheme And Slash Your Energy Bills Today! Complete LED Lighting Upgrade From As Little As $33.
Upgrade Your Home for $33 and Up!. Don’t Wait Act Now!